This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] tree-cfg.c: Speed up thread_jumps - Part 7
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:28:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] tree-cfg.c: Speed up thread_jumps - Part 7
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 00:14 -0400, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Attached is a patch to speed up thread_jumps.
> One of the things we do not do in thread_jumps is to thread jumps from
> ENTRY_BLOCK_PTR, and thread_jumps indeed has code to avoid putting
> ENTRY_BLOCK_PTR into worklist.
> It turns out we can remove the check for ENTRY_BLOCK_PTR if we pretend
> to have ENTRY_BLOCK_PTR in worklist by putting BB_VISITED flag on
> ENTRY_BLOCK_PTR. This is because BB_VISITED is used to avoid putting
> duplicates into worklist.
> Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu. OK to apply?
> Kazu Hirata
> 2004-10-23 Kazu Hirata <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * tree-cfg.c (thread_jumps): Speed up by pretending to have
> ENTRY_BLOCK_PTR in worklist.
This is fine. Please install.