This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add testcase for rotate optimization on IA-32/x86-64
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:24:34 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add testcase for rotate optimization on IA-32/x86-64
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <20041025073240.GY31909@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 03:32 -0400, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> The testcase below used a rotate instruction at least back in GCC 2.96-RH,
> did not get optimized that way in at least GCC 3.2.3, 3.3.4 and 3.4.2 and
> seems to be optimized now on CVS HEAD again.
> I think it would be better to add a testcase to make sure it doesn't go away
> in the future again (grepped the testsuite and did not find any tests for
> that). Ok for HEAD?
> 2004-10-25 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> * gcc.dg/i386-rotate-1.c: New test.