This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fixincludes of C++ friendly NULLs
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:34:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: fixincludes of C++ friendly NULLs
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <AB1A31EF-27B6-11D9-AA92-000393941EE6@apple.com>
Mike Stump wrote:
This patch fixes the fixincluding of C++ friendly NULLs...
+ /* avoid changing C++ friendly NULL */
+ bypass = __cplusplus;
select = "^#[ \t]*define[ \t]+NULL[ \t]+\\(\\(void[ \t]*\\*\\)0\\)";
c_fix = format;
c_fix_arg = "#define NULL 0";
I don't understand, isn't this fix changing a C++ unfriendly NULL
to a C++ friendly one? What is the bug being fixed?
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk