This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Speed up some token processing
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au dot ibm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Oct 2004 11:19:40 +1000
- Subject: Re: Speed up some token processing
- References: <417CF7AC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> writes:
> This patch speeds up token processing by moving some duplicated code
> into a single switch statement. It shows a surprisingly good
> speedup of the Qt library of 1.5%.
I'm seeing testsuite failures on powerpc-linux with this patch (with
and without your ammendments to the testsuite):
Running /home/bje/source/gcc-mainline/gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/cpp/cpp.exp ...
FAIL: gcc.dg/cpp/direct2.c (test for errors, line 15)
FAIL: gcc.dg/cpp/direct2.c (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/cpp/direct2s.c (test for errors, line 17)
FAIL: gcc.dg/cpp/direct2s.c (test for excess errors)
I'll take a look.