This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Partial fix for PR 18048
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:01:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Partial fix for PR 18048
- References: <20041024094112.GA1374@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Oct 24, 2004, at 5:41 AM, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
this patch contains several improvements to ivopts and related
optimizations that improve the code produced for mgrid benchmark quite
bit (although even with the patch, ivopts still spoil the code).
The improvements are:
1) Ivopts produce expressions like
*(&a[start] + 8 * index)
and believe that the memory access created for it will include the
multiplication by 8. This fails if there are several similar
accesses, since dom will CSE the "8 * index" part (thus adding
unnecessary multiplication instruction, and increasing register
Isn't this already done by fold_stmt?