This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ssaupdate] Local dominance info
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:17:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ssaupdate] Local dominance info
- References: <20041019215129.GA29721@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <1098279112.5695.3918.camel@pain>
I think trying to keep numbered order of stmts within blocks for the
duration of SSA is a very bad idea since most optimizations do not care.
So you have the overhead of making sure that you keep things kosher
everytime you ever move anything.
Zdenek, do you have an analysis of the amortized worst-case complexity
of bsi_insert_before and bsi_insert_after?