This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch: cleanup gcc.dg/vect/ (take 2)
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:28:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: patch: cleanup gcc.dg/vect/ (take 2)
- References: <20041020174038.GB1765@us.ibm.com>
> to add more when they are needed. Aldy added an "exit" to vect.exp for
> targets that never run these tests.
One of the reasons I had an exit was because the e500 cannot coexist
with AltiVec, because they share the same opcodes.
So even if we compile these tests, they will error out on e500:
error ("AltiVec and E500 instructions cannot coexist");
Could we also pass an -mcpu= option, when only compiling, to guarantee
we choose an architecture that has AltiVec? Passing, say, -mcpu=7400
guarantees we're not E500.