This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/17793
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jason at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 04 20:20:21 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/17793
That would seem to imply making a copy of the (possibly aggregate)
value, which I thought we were trying to avoid.
*Semantically*, it's a value. That doesn't mean we have to make a copy
when it isn't needed!
If we're using a VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR on the lhs of a COMPONENT_REF,
where does the extraction come in?
I don't follow?