This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/17793
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 04 18:24:18 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/17793
2004-10-19 Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
* gimplify.c (gimplify_addr_expr) <VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR>: Look
through the operand if it is itself a conversion.
This makes no sense to me. The transformation I thought we were
talking about was to commute an ADDR_EXPR and a conversion, including
VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR. If you do the recursively, one conversion at a time
gets done. I don't understand the code below at all.