This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/17793
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:17:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/17793
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:51:29 +0200, Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> wrote:
> case VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR:
> + if (TREE_CODE (TREE_OPERAND (op0, 0)) == NOP_EXPR)
Hmm? It makes no sense to have a NOP_EXPR inside a VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR. A
NOP_EXPR is an rvalue conversion; a VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR is an lvalue
conversion, which cannot be applied to the rvalue produced by a NOP_EXPR.
This seems like a front end bug; the NOP_EXPR should be stripped when the
VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR is added.
This patch should not be necessary.