This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch} Fix dynamic casts across dll boundaries on windows targets
- From: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronavay62 at aaronwl dot com>
- To: Danny Smith <danny_smith_0000 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Christopher Faylor <me at cgf dot cx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:08:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Patch} Fix dynamic casts across dll boundaries on windows targets
- References: <email@example.com>
Danny Smith wrote:
> 2004-10-16 Danny Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/i386/cygming.h (TARGET_OS_CPP_BUILTINS): Define
> __GXX_MERGED_TYPEINFO_NAMES to 0.
Does this pessimize the case where typeinfo symbols really are
availible? An example might be when a DLL exports the typeinfo symbols
and they are linkable with auto-import. (Will auto-import work for
Another source for experience in this area is the recent ELF visibility
work. For example, see the secton Caveats in
<http://www.nedprod.com/programs/gccvisibility.html>. The suggestion
here is that if you want RTTI to work, you must take necessary steps to
export typeinfo symbols. Is a similar approach for PE unreasonable?
Aaron W. LaFramboise