This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] fix PR middle-end/17885, gimplifing of volatile &a->b
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 04 16:59:56 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix PR middle-end/17885, gimplifing of volatile &a->b
Yes but we don't UPDATE_TITCSE on the INDRIECT_REF for the case which I
am looking at.
We have <COMPONENT_REF <INDIRECT_REF <VAR_DECL <VOLATILE> SIDE_EFFECTS>
SIDE_EFFECTS> in my case.
That's *exactly* the case I'm talking about! But in this case since
the VAR_DECL is volatile, the ADDR_EXPR *should* have
TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS since it's basically the volatile var plus a
constant. But I still think the code should be looking at the operand
of the INDIRECT_REF (the result would be the same, though).