This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] fix PR middle-end/17885, gimplifing of volatile &a->b
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jason at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 04 15:53:37 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix PR middle-end/17885, gimplifing of volatile &a->b
I think that should still be the general case; if we're taking the address
of, say, a struct returned from a function, we want to propagate
TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS from the call to the ADDR_EXPR.
Oh, you're right. I misread the code. It only does that if the innermost
object is not a decl. So I agree it should be there.
But we should special-case COMPONENT_REF so that TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS is
propagated from op0 to the ADDR_EXPR, not from the ref itself. With
But that's what the code does: it ignores the TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS of the