This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 18040
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dberlin at dberlin dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 04 11:44:45 EDT
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 18040
It is much easier to optimize expressions that are simple, regardless
of how they are split up, because it makes your optimizers simpler to
write, and you are much less likely to miss corner cases, etc.
Sorry, I wasn't asking the general question, but about this specific case.
I'd like to see how it's easier to optimize cases with a conversion between
two field references when they are in two statements than in one.