This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 18040
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dberlin at dberlin dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 04 10:52:09 EDT
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 18040
A quick check of a random function handling component_refs shows they
will also be missing optimizations
Let me be very clear here:
If the nops aren't needed, they won't be there. So the question isn't
if they are needed or not. Rather, it's whether the expression should be
split up among statements.
Are you really arguing that it's more likely to miss optimizations if they
are in *one* statement than if they are in multiple statements? If so,
can you explain?