This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Committed] Use special-purpose hash table to speed up walk_tree
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 04 10:49:54 EDT
- Subject: Re: [Committed] Use special-purpose hash table to speed up walk_tree
Yes, but I do have the authority to approve patches. If we had a
no-offline-approval policy, what would have happenned is that Matt would
have posted the patch, and I would have immediately approved it. That's
no different that me approving the patch offline; we would still have
had a broken patch committed to the tree.
I agree. The purpose of posting patches to gcc-patches is indeed to have
many sets of eyes look at it, but many of those are after the patch is
checked in. That's the case whether the patch is one written by somebody
with global write privs, approved on-list, or approved off-list.