This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 18040
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 04 10:26:19 EDT
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 18040
If you provide an example which produces a type conversion in the
middle of a chain of dereference expressions, I will endeavor to
clarify what I mean.
I'll try, but, as I said, I don't write Ada very well ...
function foo return integer is
type arr is array (1 .. 100) of integer;
type r is record
f2: array (1..99) of integer;
function uc is new unchecked_conversion (arr, r);
type q is record f1: arr; end record;
return (uc (q.f1).f1;