This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 18040
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dberlin at dberlin dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 17 Oct 04 16:29:32 EDT
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 18040
It is the job of the optimizers to produce good code, not the job of
the front end. If the optimizers can't produce good code from this,
then fix the optimizers.
Yeah, but there's no point in making things arbitrarily hard for them.
GIGO still applies.