This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix PR middle-end/18029 and PR middle-end/18030 (4.1material)
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:24:12 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix PR middle-end/18029 and PR middle-end/18030 (4.1material)
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> 2004-10-16 Kazu Hirata <email@example.com>
> PR middle-end/18029 and PR middle-end/18030
> * expr.c (expand_assignment): Add a special case to handle
> BIT_IOR_EXPR and BIT_XOR_EXPR.
This patch is OK for 4.1 (though I gave serious thought to approving
it for mainline).
I also agree that we should factor either expand_component_assignment
or expand_bitfield_assignment out of expand_assignment, and that this
will be easier after your proposed clean-up to avoid expand_assignment
returning a rtx. Depending upon how invasive/safe these clean-ups are,
they may also need to wait until 4.1.