This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: GGC-ify type hashtable
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:21:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch: GGC-ify type hashtable
- References: <EBF48936-1FAF-11D9-A3DC-000A95D7D16C@apple.com>
On Oct 16, 2004, at 4:14 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
The hashtable for types in c_common_alias_set is not ggc'd, because I
type nodes would always be pointed to from somewhere else. After our
merge it appears that this is no longer true (if it ever was), leading
to an ICE
building SPEC with IMA. I have no idea how to construct a small
The fix is obvious. I am not planning to investigate how the type
otherwise unreferenced unless somebody thinks this really shouldn't
Bootstrapped on Darwin.
I also see the same problem with --enable-intermodule and was trying to
figure out why, I found the patch which caused it, I think.
I also found a way to speed up comp_types for multiple files which I
be submitting soon.