This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [toplevel, Cygwin] Don't warn if both newlib and winsup are missing
- From: Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dave Korn <dk at artimi dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:42:06 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [toplevel, Cygwin] Don't warn if both newlib and winsup are missing
- Reply-to: kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org
--- Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> wrote:
> Kelley Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> In July a patch was added to the Cygwin's toplevel that turns off
>> newlib if winsup isn't also present.
> Hang on, is this even the right thing? Aren't there embedded targets
> that use newlib but not winsup?
Sure there are.
But this hunk of configure code only applied to target *-*-cygwin*,
which will not build newlib without winsup.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-06/msg01388.html for when
this was added.