This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [toplevel, Cygwin] Don't warn if both newlib and winsup are missing
- From: "Dave Korn" <dk at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Zack Weinberg'" <zack at codesourcery dot com>,"'Kelley Cook'" <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>,<gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:28:38 +0100
- Subject: RE: [toplevel, Cygwin] Don't warn if both newlib and winsup are missing
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Zack Weinberg
> Sent: 12 October 2004 18:25
> Kelley Cook writes:
> > In July a patch was added to the Cygwin's toplevel that
> turns off newlib
> > if winsup isn't also present.
> Hang on, is this even the right thing? Aren't there embedded targets
> that use newlib but not winsup?
Shoulda thought so. Winsup is the cygwin library and support. _No_
embedded targets use winsup. _Many_ embedded targets use newlib. QED!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....