This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR 17946: warning message for suspect "a && MASK"
- From: "Thomas R. Truscott" <trt at cs dot duke dot edu>
- To: fw at deneb dot enyo dot de (Florian Weimer)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:21:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR 17946: warning message for suspect "a && MASK"
> > + warning ("non-boolean constant in boolean context");
> I think it's a bit difficult to infer from the warning that "&&" is
> the culprit.
I agree. This is specific to TRUTH_ANDIF_EXPR, so the message could be:
operand of && is a non-boolean constant