This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [arm] Fix thumb -fPIC
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:04:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [arm] Fix thumb -fPIC
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 16:45, Paul Brook wrote:
> Patch below fixes a couple of bugswhen generating thumb PIC code.
> One we are ORing with a register number rather than a bitmask. the other we
> weren't searching all low regs when looking for a work register.
> Tested with cross to arm-none-elf.
> Applied as obvious to csl-arm-branch and mainline as this has been discussed
> 2004-01-01 Paul Brook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/arm/arm.c (thumb_compute_saved_rag_mask): Or with bitmask,
> not register number.
> (thumb_find_work_register): Search full register range.
I'm not 100% sure about the second issue. LAST_LO_REGNUM is sometimes
used as a frame pointer register when we can't manage without one, have
you checked that it's safe to use it as a scratch in these conditions
(it may be, but I'm not sure).
Other part is OK.