This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC/RFH] IMA testsuite
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:07:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC/RFH] IMA testsuite
- References: <F2B7B7AE-1B14-11D9-A42A-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Since we don't have a way to test that IMA is working I decided to try
> add a way. This patch adds a simple IMA testsuite (well only one test
> right now). But I need help adding more complex ones like ones where
> we can do dg-final and dg-error.
> Also what do people think of this patch and what can people do to help,
> I don't know TCL or expect that much?
This is a good start. I would suggest three things:
1) Use the higher-level primitives in dg.exp (part of dejagnu, not in
lib/). This is how you get dg-* markers working.
2) Implement iteration over optimization levels.
3) We want to test all possible permutations of all possible clusters
of files. For a two-file test case, that's
- [A.c] [B.c]
- [A.c B.c]
- [B.c A.c]
and for a three-file test case,
- [A.c] [B.c] [C.c]
- [A.c B.c] [C.c]
- [B.c A.c] [C.c]
- [A.c C.c] [B.c]
- [C.c A.c] [B.c]
- [B.c C.c] [A.c]
- [C.c B.c] [A.c]
- [A.c B.c C.c]
- [B.c A.c C.c]
- [B.c C.c A.c]
- [C.c B.c A.c]
- [C.c A.c B.c]
- [A.c C.c B.c]
where square brackets surround groups of files to be passed to the
compiler simultaneously; order matters within square brackets but
not between square brackets.
Yes, this does combinatorially explode, but I doubt there will be
bugs that only show up with 4 input files, so we should be able to
get away with handling only 2 and 3 files, and the sets aren't that
big for those.