This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Variable expansion patch review
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: ERES at il dot ibm dot com, dje at watson dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:27:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: Variable expansion patch review
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10410091635.AA00861@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:
+ /* An hash function for information about insns which contains
+ accumulators to expand. */
In addition to the two problems you mentioned, I still find this
sentence hard to understand. What is it that contains accumulators?
I suspect "which" should be "that", but even then it's not clear to me
(at least not from that sentence alone and it ought to be).
Revital, let's try this:
/* Return a hash for VES, which is really a "var_to_expand *". */
and, for the equality function:
/* Return true if IVTS1 and IVTS2 (which are really both of type
"var_to_expand *") refer to the same instruction. */