This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR libstdc++/17850: Newlib doesn't provide strtold
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:09:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR libstdc++/17850: Newlib doesn't provide strtold
- Organization: Red Hat / Chicago
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>The following patch is my proposed solution to PR libstdc++/17850
>which is a bug in libstdc++-v3's configure script that always defines
>HAVE_STRTOLD on newlib targets, even though newlib does not (nor ever
>has) provided an implementation of strtold. Unfortunately, this bug
>was benignly latent until my recent patch to enable building libstdc++
>on IRIX by checking _GLIBCXX_HAVE_STRTOLD, which exposed this problem
>and breaks bootstrap on affected newlib targets on both mainline and
>the gcc-3_4-branch. Doh! [I know, it's just not my week!]
This is fine. I just double checked, newlib does not have strtold, you are correct.
Thanks. This is fine for mainline and gcc-3.4.x.