This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Share all integer constants
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:46:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Share all integer constants
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20041006211422.GA11443@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
Hello,This is not OK. At least, not until you analyze why this makes GCC
itself go slower.
this patch makes all integer constants to be shared, instead of just the
small ones. This brings relatively significant memory savings (on the
constant themselves, as well as on vectors kept at each type).
Note that there are some places in the C++ front end where we are
probably still creating integer constants for array indices that are
wasted. You might want to try to fix those, rather than using this big