This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC/PATCH] Fix 17807, ICE for undefined local function
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:14:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] Fix 17807, ICE for undefined local function
- References: <B9C03780-162E-11D9-81C0-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 01:56:32PM -0400, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> + error ("nested function, %qE, not declared", cgn->decl);
This sort of diagnosis belongs in the front end. By the time
we get to the middle-end, everything should be kosher.
And it's "defined", not "declared".