This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Add phi argument checking to verify_ssa
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dnovillo at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:30:39 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Add phi argument checking to verify_ssa
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 16:23, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> This catches the case where we have a phi argument with unrenamed,
> non-invariant values in it (which we don't allow).
> This helps pin down some of the existing bugs to the passes that caused
> For example, one testcase i was just debugging will ice in get_value in
> ssa-ccp, but it's actually caused by tail recursion inserting an unrenamed
> phi argument into a phi. We don't catch this till 13 passes later.
> Bootstrapping and being regtested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> Okay for mainline if it passes?
> 2004-10-02 Daniel Berlin <email@example.com>
> * tree-ssa.c (verify_ssa): Verify phi arguments only
> contain renamed names.
This is fine. Please install.