This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: IA64 HP-UX struct-layout failures in testsuite.
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:45:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: IA64 HP-UX struct-layout failures in testsuite.
- References: <200410052130.OAA26741@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
Steve Ellcey <email@example.com> writes:
> This patch fixes most of the gcc.dg-struct-layout-1 failures on IA64
> HP-UX. The problem is that while the 128 long double type has 8 byte
> alignment in ILP32 mode it should be aligned to 16 bytes when passed as
> an argument. I also found a place in ia64_function_arg_advance where
> TFmode values might try to be put into FP registers which is also wrong.
> Tested on IA64 HP-UX with no regressions and 25 fewer failures.
This is OK, but please adjust the comments in ia64_function_arg_advance
and above ia64_function_arg_boundary to explain this.