This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] rfa: fix problem with reassociating pointer additions
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, echristo at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:27:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] rfa: fix problem with reassociating pointer additions
- References: <email@example.com>
GCC does not do it very intelligently, but reassociation can be an
important optimization when one is trying to create address
sub-expressions that match the offset addressing modes and auto-increments
of a target architecture. I am concerned about disabling this type of
transformation instead of trying to make it smarter.