This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix IRIX bootstrap failure in libstdc++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 03 Oct 2004 18:41:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix IRIX bootstrap failure in libstdc++
- Organization: Texas A&M University, Department of Computer Science
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Roger Sayle <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| mips-sgi-irix6.5 currently fails to bootstrap on both mainline and
| the gcc 3.4 branch. The patch below restores bootstrap on the
| gcc-3_4-branch, and should resolve one of the multiple breakages
| on mainline (for example, Richard Sandiford's fixproto/fix-headers
| patch http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-09/msg03008.html is
| also required).
| The failures addressed below are the unresolved references to
| strtof and strtold whilst linking libstdc++. The problem is that
| config/locale/generic/c_locale.cc currently guards its uses of
| strtof and strtold with #ifdef _GLIBCXX_USE_C99. Unfortunately on
| MIPS/IRIX, _GLIBCXX_USE_C99 is defined, even though the corresponding
| _GLIBCXX_HAVE_STRTOF and _GLIBC_HAVE_STRTOLD aren't. The proposed
| fix is to use the finer granularity configure HAVE_foo tests instead
| of the more generic _GLIBCXX_USE_C99.
| The following patch has been tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu with a full
| "make bootstrap", all default languages, and regression tested with a
| top-level "make -k check" with no new failures. As mentioned above,
| this patch also restores bootstrap of the gcc-3_4-branch for all
| default languages on mips-sgi-irix6.5.
| Ok for mainline and the gcc-3_4-branch? Given that mips-sgi-irix6.5
Yes. Thanks for the detailed explanation.