This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] RFA add dwarf calling convention support
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:25:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] RFA add dwarf calling convention support
- References: <email@example.com> <20040930223006.GA9654@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:38:15PM -0400, Jason Merrill wrote:
> This is properly in the extension number space, but needs a "GNU" in it to
> make it clear that this is a GNU extension.
I thought it wasn't being invented by us.
> Since the absence of this attribute means DW_CC_normal, we can save a
> little space by omitting it if the value is DW_CC_normal.
I'd have thought it might mean different things to gdb for "unknown"
and "normal". For "unknown", they might be able to figure it out via
other mechanisms. *shrug*