This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 177757, ICE in fold
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:30:02 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 177757, ICE in fold
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <AB33A7F3-13D6-11D9-81C0-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 12:21, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> The problem here is that we are using an already released as we have not
> rewritten it back into SSA because jump threading does not keep the SSA
> information up to date. This patch just works around the issue but the
> correct fix would be rewrite jump threading (but that is not going to
> happen for 4.0.0, see previous discussions about it for more
> We set the variable of the SSA_NAME back but not the type which is what
> this patch does.
When/how are we using the released name. Details please.