This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize stdarg functions with void * or char * va_list
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com, jakub at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:24:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize stdarg functions with void * or char * va_list
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
As for Jakub's "Optimize stdarg functions" patch, this is fixing a
valid bug that many targets save and restore too many registers in
their prologues/epilogues, a.k.a. "pessimizes code" and "missed
Also this is quite a common issue: for example, it is one of the reasons
why "build1" has been separate from "build" long before "build2" and
friends were introduced.