This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize stdarg functions with void * or char * va_list
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,<rth at redhat dot com>,<jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:26:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize stdarg functions with void * or char * va_list
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> As for Jakub's "Optimize stdarg functions" patch, this is fixing a
> valid bug that many targets save and restore too many registers in
> their prologues/epilogues, a.k.a. "pessimizes code" and "missed
By stretching a bit this argument, you could probably have accepted the
Tree-SSA merge during stage3 as fixing one of the long-standing "valid bugs"
in the compiler, that is locals were commited to the stack too early, e.g.
PR target/6882 ;-)