This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug target/17139] Bootstrap fails on darwin with "as" version previous to cctools-500
- From: Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: geoffk at geoffk dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, apinksi at apple dot com, gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [Bug target/17139] Bootstrap fails on darwin with "as" version previous to cctools-500
- Reply-to: kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org
--- Mike Stump <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2004, at 1:42 PM, Kelley Cook wrote:
> > But shouldn't this new prerequisite be added as a configure test?
> 528 or later is required. This as feature came way before that. I
> suppose this is better than nothing, but, it could be better. I
> know how to detect 528, other than by as -v.
> Also, if we're going to give them hints, we might as well hint at the
> exact version required, 528.
> echo "as too old, as from cctools-528 required."...
Since the Apple folks would be better suited to develop a proper test
for cctools-528, I won't be persuing this patch anymore.
Anyone can feel free to pick up where I left off, if they wish.