This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: First part of 64-bit Darwin support, revised
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:35:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH: First part of 64-bit Darwin support, revised
I have reverted the MD portion of the patch and the rs6000.c
reference to gen_macho_*_di. The patch should have been tested on other
There are a number of problems with the patch and it should not
have been committed. Regardless whether the patterns are suppose to be
Darwin-specific, they have effects on other configurations, as you have
seen, so they should not be approved as "Darwin" only.
As Andreas has pointed out, the patterns that invoke output_call()
must have some other return value or abort() in the non-TARGET_MACHO
match_parallel with a predicate of "any_operand" now is wrong.
And the match_parallel patterns appear to be generating RTL that
is unrecognized by lmw patterns in rs6000.md as seen by ppclinux32 and