This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Converting RTL passes to the tree-pass.h structure 1/n
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:34:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Converting RTL passes to the tree-pass.h structure 1/n
- References: <20040814231821.GA2354@twcny.rr.com>
The nested passes structure in my patch is to handle bailing
out in a proper manner without duplicating tests, and to allow more versatility
in the transition.
I'm not sure about how to handle the problems with regalloc failures.
(What it *doesn't* do is handle dump files, since I hadn't worked out how
to convert them. So it would be rather nice if your patch could go in as well.
The two patches are basically independent
My patch makes your pass_prep_rtl irrelevant though, because I moved
that stuff into cfgexpand.c. That's the only places that conflicts.