This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make GCSE statistics more detailed
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: law at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:03:04 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Make GCSE statistics more detailed
- Organization: SuSE Linux AG
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Aug 09, 2004 04:35 PM, Roger Sayle <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> You're missing the change to Makefile.in reflecting the dependency of
> gcse.o on $(TIMEVAR_H).
> Ok for mainline with that change.
> If you have access to SPEC it might be useful to use your patch to
> the statistics in the comment at the top of gcse.c:
> >> A study of spec92 using an unlimited number of passes:
> >> [1 pass] = 1208 substitutions,  = 577,  = 202,  = 192,
> >>  = 83,  = 34,  = 17,  = 9,  = 4,  = 4,  = 2,
> >>  = 2,  = 1,  = 1,  = 2,  = 1
> I suspect that tree-ssa completely invalidates these statistics.
Hmm that's an interesting idea. I'll try to redo this analysis
for a more recent SPEC.