This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] GCSE after reload - resubmit (SPECint +1.5% fp -0.5%).
- From: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Cc: MUSTAFA at il dot ibm dot com, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu, ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, roger at eyesopen dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:47:31 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] GCSE after reload - resubmit (SPECint +1.5% fp -0.5%).
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><200403112139.i2BLdIT25550@makai.watson.ibm.com>
> Kazu> Here is a slightly reduced testcase. With -fgcse-after-reload,
> Kazu> abort() is called.
> Did you look where abort() is called? Is this a case where the
> limited resources of h8300 prevent gcse-after-reload from working? Maybe
> this optimization needs to be disabled in OVERRIDE_OPTIONS for h8300.
The whole testcase does fit on a simulator's memory space. Yes, I
traced the program counter as the simulator runs the code and
confirmed that abort comes from the abort in the testcase.