This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] fix warning about duplicate 'const'
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 Mar 2004 00:32:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix warning about duplicate 'const'
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org><20040310054918.GB4068@twiddle.net><20040310064001.GA7584@daikokuya.co.uk><Pine.LNX.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><20040310222249.GA2900@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson <email@example.com> writes:
| On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 11:20:03AM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > I would suggest the existing practice (in nearby language) for this:
| > (1) reject "direct" duplicate cv-qualifiers, .e.g.
| > const const int i = 90; // ERROR
| Perhaps you meant pedwarn, not error?
pedwarn is OK if it makes everybody happy :-)
| The following has been through the test suite, and doesn't warn
| for *any* duplicated qualifiers. I chose this because that's
| what C99 does, and that's easier to document and more forward