This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: -Wstrict-aliasing extension
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:02:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: -Wstrict-aliasing extension
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <404CE496.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jim Wilson wrote:
I'm also disinclined towards adding more warning options
I suggested -Wstrict-aliasing=2 as an alternative which I think helps
with the design issue. This avoids adding a new option, and makes it
clearer what the relationship is with the existing -Wstrict-aliasing
option. -Wstrict-aliasing=2 will emit more warnings than
-Wstrict-aliasing, including some that you may not want.
Yes, I can certainly live with that.