This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Give a better error for PCH with exec-shield-randomize
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:52:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: Give a better error for PCH with exec-shield-randomize
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> writes:
> In the current sources, using PCH on a system using Linux style
> exec-shield-randomize will generally crash the compiler in some
> horrible manner.
I can't really evaluate this patch, but ...
> I also added an abort() after the call to sorry(). There is no chance
> of success at this point, and a good chance of a horrible crash. I
> don't see any reason for the compiler to continue.
may I suggest a single call to fatal() here instead?