This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] fix wrong result in ARM __muldf3 code
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:27:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] fix wrong result in ARM __muldf3 code
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
> Current __muldf3 and __divdf3 on ARM will return wrong values for small
> negative denormalized values.
> For example: 1.112537e-308 * -3.637979e-12
> Current result: -8.293093e-317
> Expected result: -4.047386e-320
> The patch below fixes that problem and should be applied to both mainline
> and 3.4 branch since this clearly is a regression bug.
> <date> Nicolas Pitre <email@example.com>
> * config/arm/ieee754-df.S (muldf3, divdf3): Fix denormalization of
> small negative values.
It would be good to have some testcases in the testsuite for things like