This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Very simple constant propagation (revisited)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Caroline Tice <ctice at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:09:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Very simple constant propagation (revisited)
- References: <FC839983-6CA5-11D8-97A3-000393BB90B6@apple.com>
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 04:01:56PM -0800, Caroline Tice wrote:
> This patch is to address an efficiency problem in gcc. If you compile
> the following small loop with -O3 -ffast-math, the optimizer converts
> the "a/b" into "a * 1/b", in the hopes of being able to do some further
> optimizations. In this case it can't so ideally the combiner should
> convert "a * 1/b" back into "a/b".
At this point, I'd really prefer to solve this problem at the