This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove PARAMS definition in libiberty/regex.c
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: Matt Kraai <kraai at ftbfs dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:08:00 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Remove PARAMS definition in libiberty/regex.c
- References: <20040302064739.GA2480@catalunya> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> This comes from the master file where regex.c is copied from. Since
> PARAMS is protected by an #ifndef PARAMS, I see no reason to change
> this, it might make merges with the master copy harder...
As long as libiberty can't use C90, we can't merge from either gnulib or
glibc (which are completely out of sync with regard to regex), though
developing lots of libiberty in parallel with the gnulib versions which
have a similar aim is dubious. Neither gnulib not glibc uses PARAMS any
longer in regex.
Joseph S. Myers