This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PR/13274] Fold subregs that are produced by zero_extend
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: bonzini at gnu dot org
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:04:17 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PR/13274] Fold subregs that are produced by zero_extend
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> If you give me some pointers on where it should combine them, I can do
> some experiments and try moving the transformation to simplify_subreg.
I'll post a patch shortly.
> Here is a version that uses GET_MODE_BITSIZE.
> 2004-01-20 Paolo Bonzini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR optimization/13724
> * cse.c (fold_rtx) <SUBREG>: Fold a SUBREG to zero
> if it represents the zero bits produced by a ZERO_EXTEND
I hope Richard doesn't mind the preempt. This is Ok for mainline.
Remember two spaces before and after "Paolo Bonizini", to separate
it from the date and e-mail address in the ChangeLog entry.