This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] PR 10975
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Jerry Quinn <jlquinn at optonline dot net>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, ncm at cantrip dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 14:27:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [v3] PR 10975
- References: <E1Adh27-0000EF-00@smaug>
Jerry Quinn wrote:
The following is a patch attempting to addresss PR 10975.
Hi Jerry. The patch itself it's safe but I'm not sure we really want
to apply it now, without the corresponding DR. In fact, this situation
happens again and again:
1- We are unsure about the correct interpretation of something.
2- Nathan says: hey, the following is obviously ;) what we(I) wanted: ...
3- Someone replies: the actual standard says something different/ambiguous!
4- Nathan says: you are right: Defect, immediately! (CC: Martin)
5- Martin works on the Defect Report
6- Sometimes in the future, thanks to Martin, the Defect appears
So, what we want to do, as a general policy?
Probably wait a bit more, 'til at least point 6-, if the issue isn't
P.S. ICC8 is consistent with present (wrong?) mainline behavior...